You can apply for workers’ compensation benefits. But the system is weighted toward employer and insurance companies, who will take advantage of that fact and try to pay you as little as possible. Suddenly, you can end up being cheated out of benefits. You might feel like there’s not much you can do about it.
That’s why Paul McAndrew has dedicated his practice to helping injured workers like you get the benefits you should have received in the first place. He knows how to build a strong case insurance companies have to take seriously. He has successfully increased benefits for clients through negotiation, as well as aggressive representation at hearings and appeals at the Iowa Division of Workers’ Compensation.
But sometimes, Paul has turned to litigation to get results. Some of the cases in which he has won benefits for clients include:
- Mortimer v. Fruefauf Corp., 502 N.W.2d 12 (Iowa 1993); Successfully argued that a worker who had 4 toes amputated following a workplace accident should also be compensated for related depression.
- Sioson v. Manpower Temporary Services, 529 N.W.2d 259 (Iowa 1995); Successfully argued that the cost of a van modified to accommodate wheelchairs should be covered for a woman who was left a paraplegic after a shooting at her workplace.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. v. Caselman, 657 N.W.2d 493 (Iowa 2003); Successfully argued that a truck driver who had been seriously injured while unloading cargo was entitled to permanent total disability benefits.
- Osborn v. Grinnell College, 751 N.W.2d 396 (Iowa 2008); Successfully argued that a college employee who was injured on the job was entitled to permanent total disability benefits.
- Staff Management v. Jimenez, No. 12-1645 (Iowa Supreme Court, 11/15/13); Successfully argued that an undocumented worker was entitled to healing period benefits.
If you were hurt at the workplace in Iowa, get an experienced workers’ compensation attorney with a record of results. Call 319-887-1690 to schedule a free consultation with Paul McAndrew Law Firm, PLLC.